Note from the shop: currently in stock.
This US tanned, rustic dark brown leather belt has a beautiful look that will only get better with miles and use. That’s right—a belt that you have to break in.
Every single belt that we make is crafted by hand in our family's tack shop. Horse tack is known for it's long lasting durability and we're using that same proven material for our line of belts.
A homestead is a place (typically including a farm house) owned by a family that has animals and land. As any hardworking farm or ranch hand knows, one key component to success in homesteading is having a good sturdy belt. The Homestead Belt is made with the homesteading lifestyle in mind.
About the Leather
The leather we use for this belt comes from the family owned Hermann Oak Tannery in St Louis Missouri (est 1881). For 140 years, Hermann Oak has been perfecting what we now know today as their Old World Harness Leather. This belt is made with this incredible leather and then hot-stuffed with tallow. This special process results in a beautiful rustic color that develops a rich patina over time. No two straps will ever be the same, as the variety of color from one end of the strap to the other is filled with rustic elegance.
What makes our belts different
- Our belts are backed by our 25 Year Limited Belt Warranty
- Made with 100% tanned in the USA leather from Wickett and Craig
- Prong holes that are 3/4 of an inch apart
- Chicago screws make it quick and easy to change between belt buckles.
- Perfect all around belt for work, firearm carry, business, and church.
- They're customizable! Request your initials to be punched into your belt at no additional cost. Simply send the name associated with your order and the initials you'd like us to put on the belt to email@example.com after you place your order.
How to measure
In order to get your belt to fit just right, add 2 inches to your current pants waist size. For example: if your waist size in pants reads 36 inches, you will order a 38" belt.
If you have access to a tape measure, lay your old belt on a flat surface and measure from the fold (where the leather folds over the buckle) to the hole that you use most often. Select the size option that matches.
Width: 1 1/2"
Extra Sturdy thickness: about 12-13 oz, or 1/4"